Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to the First Tee School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
First Tee – Greater Charlotte is proud to serve 203 elementary schools in the Greater Charlotte area. Through our partnership with Wells Fargo we provide schools with hands on training, curriculum, and equipment.
First Tee School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
The 6th Annual Champions Challenge will be held in the Spring of 2021. Schools will select two fourth grade representatives (one male and one female) to compete in a nine-hole SNAG skills challenge. A total of 300 student athletes are expected to attend! The students will be using skills (putt, chip, pitch and full swing) and knowledge that they have previously learned during their physical education classes.
Contact Brittnay Cross for more information!