Thank you for your interest in volunteering with First Tee – Greater Charlotte! We rely heavily on our volunteers to fulfill our mission of positively impacting the lives of youth through the wonderful game of golf!
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Volunteer Handbook and Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
Volunteer Fast Facts
- Volunteers may choose which course location and which class level they would like to work with
- Volunteers work closely with course Site Directors to coach participants in both golf and life skills
- Time commitment is typically 1.5 hours per week (per 10 week season)
- Extensive golf knowledge or ability is not required for Teeny Tees, Target, or PLAYer classes
- Ages 14 and up please apply! Ages 18 and up must complete the background check (info below)
“What I love most about being a First Tee participant is having a larger group of adult role models in my life. They have inspired and encouraged me. They have made me better and stronger.” 2016 Alumna & Ace participant, Caroline C
Before you hit the course this year, we need a couple of things from you:
- Complete one of the online applications below (new AND existing volunteers must complete):
- Complete a secure background check via the confirmation email you receive upon submitting Part II of the Volunteer Application.
- See below for available opportunities and sign up!
- Email Maurice Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org once Volunteer Applications, background check, and volunteer sign up have been submitted.