Champions Challenge (NEW DATE IS SEPTEMber 25!)
The 5th Annual Champions Challenge will take place on Friday September 25th at The First Tee of Greater Charlotte Learning Center at Dr. Charles L Sifford Golf Course at Revolution Park (2661 Barringer Drive, Charlotte, NC).
Who Can Participate:
Two 4th grade representatives (male & female) should be selected by their PE teacher to compete in this fun-filled challenge based on their performance in The National School Program activities held during their physical education classes.
About the Challenge:
The event provides an opportunity for participants to apply The First Tee Nine Core Values, The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits and the golf skills that they have learned through their PE classes to a green grass golf facility. Participants will receive golf shirts and hats to wear the day of the event.
- The Champions Challenge will be held from 10am-1pm on Friday, September 25, 2020
- Registration/Check-In will begin at 9am
- Lunch will be included for student participants and school volunteers.
- The 4th grade male and female participant from each school will be placed on a 10-person team along with four other participating schools.
- Teams will compete and earn points on a 9-Hole SNAG Challenge Course.
- Awards will be given to the winning school and the participating boys and girls of the that team.
- Participants should be chosen by the PE teacher based on the student’s exceptional character and enthusiasm for The First Tee program. Golf skill is not a priority!
- Each school is required to provide one adult representatives (PE teachers are encouraged to be the rep).
- Substitute teacher’s fee will be paid for by The First Tee of Greater Charlotte for PE teachers who wish to attend with their students.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for participant’s transportation to and from the event.
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend the event and cheer for their student and school!
Registration for the September 25th Champions Challenge will open on Monday, April 20th.
For Questions, Contact: Brittnay Cross, Program Director at email@example.com
Champions Challenge 2018 Video